Now that you got my name and a cute photo of Peggy, let’s get into the blog.
Mitzy At Home is my home online and not only are you invited to come by anytime, I hope you never want to leave. I started this recipe blog in the summer of 2014, because I’ve always enjoyed cooking and taking photographs, so I thought why not combine the two?
As mentioned above, my name is Alice, but Mitzy comes from a nickname my mom had for me when I was growing up. That nickname being Mici or Maci, which could be translated as kitten. Mama cat and her kitten… works right? No one calls me Mitzy though, I’m just Alice. My mom sadly passed away a few years ago, but you’ll notice I talk about her in some of my posts. She inspires so much of my cooking, as she was a great home cook and I always admired her for that, because she made dinner every day despite working 40+ hour weeks.
I strongly believe cooking should be fun, food enjoyed and adaptable to personal tastes and/or choices. You’ll see that I can make a mean vegan smoothie or the most decadent dessert and I love pizza just as much as salads. The one thing that you won’t be able to find on this blog are meat / seafood dishes, because I don’t eat meat. However, once you try my lasagna or tarts, I can promise you won’t miss meat at all!
I love good stories more than anything, so as you go through my recipes, you’ll see me talk about my favorite shows, movies and books all the time. So expect a lot of mentions of Rihanna or Gilmore girls or … basically mentions of anything that inspires me on a day-to-day basis.
A few random facts:
- Music and coffee are my fuel.
- Favorite food: anything with basil pesto; hummus; crepes with Nutella; tiramisu; pizza. Trying hard not to list everything under the sun.
- My life is ruled by my 3 cats – Peggy, Fergie and Kim. My boyfriend Rok keeps me sane.
- My favorite color is blue, but I mostly wear black.
- I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia. My name is atypical for this lil country, but I am indeed Slovene.
- I’m bilingual, but hope to master another language, someday. Maybe German?
- Autumn is my favorite season.
- Growing up, I wanted to be a singer and an actress. Also a writer and a painter.
- I am an only child. Welp.
Got a recipe question or request? Want to work with me? Have a product you know I’d love? Want to chat? … Reach me at mitzyathome (at) gmail (dot) com OR use this contact form.